I know in some parts of the country it is already cooling down and becoming fall... here in phoenix not so much. A couple of weeks ago we got a week or rainy, coolish weather and I jumped at the opportunity to make some yummy homemade potato soup!
What You Need:
-5 lb bag of potatoes, chopped (peeling not necessary)
-1 white onion, chopped
-2 15oz cans of chicken or vegetable stock
-2 cups of water
-1 package of sausage links, I used turkey cheddar jack
-1 can of peas
-1 package of powdered ranch dip
-2 bars of cream cheese
-garlic salt and pepper
-shredded cheese (optional)
1. Place chopped potatoes, onion, chicken stock, water, and 1/2 the ranch seasoning into a large crockpot.
2. Cook on high for 6 hours.
3. About 30 minutes before the 6 hour mark, pull the cream cheese out of the fridge to soften.
4. Once potatoes are done cooking, remove half the soup and puree with the cream cheese using a blender. You can puree less or more depending on how chunky you prefer it to be.
5. Chop sausage links to preferred size and add it to the crockpot. (If you prefer a more subtle sausage taste you could throw these in the blender)
6. Add the rest of the ranch seasoning, garlic salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cook an additional 15 minutes.
My family really enjoyed this soup and it will be in the rotation this winter!