This past week my husband, Craig, called me on his way home from work and said he passed the stew meat at Costco and hunger struck! I told him that the next night we will make beef stew and that we did!
I had most of the ingredients at home so after a quick trip to the store for fresh vegetables and beef stock we were ready to get cooking .We decided to double the batch and invite the family over for dinner. We put half in the crock pot and half in a stock pot. After being on a time crunch since we started it later than we would have liked we figured out that the stock pot idea worked much quicker and turned out much more delicious!
Beef Stew Love
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5-5 ½ hours
Serves: 5-6 adults
What You Need:
-2 pounds beef stew meat, (cut into bite-sized pieces)
-1 cup flour (or more. get enough to cover the meat)
-1 tsp Salt
-1 tsp pepper
-1 medium onion, finely chopped
-5 celery ribs, sliced
-4 cloves of garlic, minced
-6oz can tomato paste
-32oz beef broth
-3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
-5 small red potatoes,cut into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
-1 tablespoon dried parsley
-1 teaspoon oregano
-2 1/2 cups frozen carrots (sliced/crinkle cut/baby/whatever makes you happy!)
-1 can peas
-1 can corn
-1/4 cup flour
1. Coat beef chunks in flour and sear each side.
2. Combine beef, celery, onion, potatoes, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, and tomato paste in the stockpot.
3. Turn your stove burner on medium until the pot starts to boil, about 30 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low for another 4 ½ - 5 hours based on the tenderness of the meat.
5. 30 minutes before serving, add peas, carrots & corn and mix in well.
6. 15 minutes before serving, add flour and mix well to thicken the broth.
I hope your family enjoys this just as much as mine did. We, of course, had bread and butter alongside the stew. I am officially in love with this stew and I can’t wait to make it again soon. Maybe I will freeze some for easier consumption!! Love you guys & can’t wait to talk to you again!
I can attest, this was delicious, thanks for sharing with us and for dinner the other night!